In order for camps to become accredited or maintain their accreditation, they must follow and maintain a set of Standards.
PROCESS TO OBTAIN ACCREDITATION BY A NON-MEMBER CAMP
1. A Camp completes the OCA Provisional Application package.
2. The Membership Committee reviews the package and makes a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
3. If the recommendation is to accept the application, The Board can then choose whether or not to approve the camp as a Provisional 1 Applicant.
4. If approved, the camp will have a Standards Visit that summer.
5. In the Fall, The Standards Committee reviews the paperwork from the visit and makes a recommendation to the Board, and informs the camp of their status.
6. The camp is then informed of the Board’s decision as to whether they will advance to P2 or remain at P1 status.
7. A 2nd visit will take place the next summer, following the same steps.
8. If both the 1st and 2nd visits are successful, the Camp shall become Accredited.
9. If a Provisional Camp is unable to become accredited after 3 summers of visits, the Camp will lose the opportunity to become accredited. However, after a one-year lapse, the camp may reapply to restart the process as a Provisional Camp.
PROCESS TO MAINTAIN ACCREDITATION BY A MEMBER CAMP
– Once a camp becomes a Accredited, they are revisited every 4 years.
– The Board will automatically re-accredit the camp if they meet 100% of the applicable Mandatory Standards and 90% of the applicable Recommended Standards in each section.
– If a camp does not meet these requirements, the Standards Committee will conduct a review. Once completed, the Committee will make a recommendation to the Board.
– The Board will make one of the following decisions:
The Board may revoke the Membership of any camp if, in their opinion, the camp does not adhere to the objectives, goals or standards of the OCA.
2017 YEAR-ROUND STANDARDS
To view the OCA Year-round Standards by section, please use the links below:
Let’s take a trip back in time to the year 1925. (more…).
The OCA Conference Committee is proud to announce that Jesse Wente of CBC will be presenting the opening Keynote Address at the OCA 2017 A.