The Standards Committee is at the core of the OCA’s Mission Statement. The Committee is essential to ensuring that camps are meeting benchmarks for safety and high quality programs in accordance with best practices developed by the Membership.
Matthew Bernardo, Chair
Kelley Ruys de Perez
The Standards Committee shall consist of experienced representatives from all of the Association’s camp sub-groups, and should also include wherever possible, Honorary Life and Individual members. The Chairs of the Membership and Standards Review Committees are ex-officio members of the Standards Committee. The President is a standing guest of the Standards Committee.
1. To provide direction and support for the accreditation program;
2. To provide training and resources to those involved in the accreditation/re-accreditation process;
3. To work collaboratively with the Standards Review Committee to update and
revise the Year-round Standards;
4. To work collaboratively with the Membership Committee to prepare and guide
provisional camps towards accreditation;
5. To work collaboratively with the Board of Directors regarding issues affecting the Year-round Standards; and
6. To make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the status of camps following visits.
For more information regarding the Standards Committee, please contact the OCA office at 416-485-0425 or toll free 1-844-485-0425.
Let’s take a trip back in time to the year 1925. (more…).
The OCA Conference Committee is proud to announce that Jesse Wente of CBC will be presenting the opening Keynote Address at the OCA 2017 A.