Why Join OCA?
Since 1933, the Ontario Camps Association (OCA) has played an important leadership role in promoting and encouraging children and youth camping and providing support for camps for children from Ontario, across Canada, and across the world. The OCA is a voluntary, non-profit organization that draws its membership from camps, individuals and like-minded organizations, all devoted to maintaining high camp standards through sharing information and ideas.
The OCA is a community of camp professionals who, for over 80 years, have been working together to help ensure the highest quality camp experiences for youth. Our Member Camps include those that are privately owned, agency operated, religiously affiliated, special needs inclusive, overnight, and day.
OCA Members impact 300,000 children annually. To assist camps in making a positive impact to the lives of children, the OCA provides educational events, resources, research, policy work, and outreach to families.
Membership in the OCA indicates to an increasingly aware public that your camp is committed to following a set of standards which has been recognized for over 75 years as the sign of a great camp. As a leading authority on youth development, the OCA works to preserve, promote, and improve the camp experience for all. Camps affiliated with the OCA benefit from the collective knowledge, experience, and connections to all who belong. Indeed, it is a group that, with 500+ Members, is qualified to work together proactively to effect positive youth development.
Membership in the OCA allows you to use the Accredited Member OCA Logo in your promotional material.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Reduced rates for educational conferences and workshops
- Automatic membership in the Canadian Camping Association/ Association des camps du Canada (CCA/ACC).
- Access to a CCA/ACC members insurance package tailored to meet the specific needs of camps, at very attractive prices.
- Notifications from OCA committees and task forces on timely issues
- Increased credibility and brand recognition with parents and the public
- Use of the OCA accredited camp logo
- Crisis response support
- Reduced rates on products and services (e.g. criminal background checks)
- Camp industry advocacy through public policy and government legislation
- Professional education for operations, program, and health and safety.
- Greater access to professional networks
- Visibility on OCA’s Find Your Perfect Camp online camp search
- The opportunity to post job ads on the OCA website
- A listing in the Annual Camps Guide
- A subscription to our e-newsletter
- Preferred credit card rates through the company Global Payments
We welcome you to become part of an organization that has been diligently working towards enriching lives for over 80 years.