Camp Otonabee/Bonnenfant Outdoor Centre
Camp Kitchen Cook – Camp Bonnenfant
POSITION: Camp Kitchen Cook
COMPENSATION: $14.00-$15.00/hour depending on experience
LOCATION: YMCA-YWCA Camp Otonabee & Bonnenfant Y Outdoor Education and Leadership Centre - 1620 Sixth Line Road, Dunrobin, Ontario
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in Canada, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, youth and adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
PLACEMENT: As soon as possible – Friday, August 30th, 2019
*NOTE: In addition to the summer contract there is an opportunity to extend the contract into our Fall session of camp from Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 – Friday, November 30th, 2019.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region’s Camp Otonabee provides an opportunity for children and youth to engage in outdoor activities, discover nature and enjoy the natural environment, build self-confidence and establish lasting friendships. Campers aged 4 to 16 can experience canoeing, rock climbing, kayaking, swimming, horseback-riding and more.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
- Give first priority to the camper’s needs
- Provide high quality meals at Camp Otonabee and Bonnenfant Y Outdoor Centre
- Supervise Camp Assistant Cook and maintain safe food handling guidelines
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities – sanitation of kitchen equipment, organization of fridge, etc.
- Assist in the creation of food menus and carry them out in accordance to Canada’s food guide
- Report directly to the Coordinator of Outdoor Education and Coordinator of Camping
COMMUNICATION: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association.
INTEGRITY: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
TEAMWORK: Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness. Create an atmosphere of trust amongst all team members.
CONCERN FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR “C” certification and Clear Criminal Reference Check for Vulnerable Sector
- Safe Food Handling certification
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Be self-motivating, enthusiastic and a responsible individual with strong leadership skills committed to the healthy development of children
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Bilingualism an asset
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org – Coordinator of Camping. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during this process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities.
YMCA Camp Elphinstone
YMCA Camp Elphinstone (Gibsons, BC) is seeking skilled cooks. Cooks work as a part of the camp kitchen staff team to prepare, cook, serve, and clean-up for at least two meals a day for 40-550 children and adults each day.
Contract Dates: Various contracts available (June to August 31 OR June to November 18).
Wages: $17.00 - $20.00/hour plus meals/accommodation
Full posting here: https://bit.ly/2WAuoao
To apply: email resume to email@example.com
Camp Davern is looking for motivated individuals to join the Summer 2019 team. Currently seeking kitchen staff member(s) with experience in food preparation and possess strong time management skills.
Contract Dates: June 17th (or earlier) - September 2nd, 2019
- Cooking and serving food to campers and staff (35+)
- Cleaning and maintaining the kitchen area
- Assist campers and staff with the cleaning of dishes after meals
- Ensure food is stored properly and in keeping with health standards
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Previous experience in a kitchen or similar environment an asset
- Passion for food and working with children
- Excellent time management skills and efficiency
- Works well under pressure
Camp Davern is a summer residential summer camp and outdoor education centre for boys and girls ages 6-16. It is located on Lake Davern in Maberly, Ontario. Davern, established in 1946, initially a summer camp for girls, operates a co-ed summer camp targeted at families in the Kingston, Bellville, Ottawa and east of the GTA.
Diverse in our program offerings, Davern is proud of our strong commitment to provide a fun learning experience for young people with a special emphasis on inclusion of cooperation and traditional camping values.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a resume, or for more information.
The Head of Food Service at Earthbound Kids is responsible for the overall operation of the kitchen while maintaining proper health standards. This individual is in charge of planning, shopping and preparing meals and snacks that follow Canada’s Food Guide. A current SAFE Food Handler certificate plus Standard First Aid with CPR “C” is required.
Hours: Full-time hours for the summer. Potential for extra hours in the pre – summer .
HEAD OF FOOD SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
1. Plan and prepare delicious and nutritious meals to meet the program and guest schedule at Earthbound Kids.
2. Provide menu plans and recipes for a 3-week cycle in consultation with the Camp Director. Menus need to ensure quality food for our campers, correct food ordering for appropriate quantities, usage of seasonal and local foods, compliance with our nut-free kitchen, and taking advantage of specials when available.
3. Provide variations of meals for specific guests who have unique dietary concerns. This will include gluten free and vegetarian options.
4. Purchase groceries and maintain appropriate food inventory. Monitor and control food costs within the summer budget determined with the Camp Director and Controller. Maintain record of invoices and receipts. Facilitate the arrival of food orders to ensure prompt and proper storage of perishable items.
5. Manage kitchen staff, assigning duties with specific descriptions and work plans.
6. Ensure that cleanliness and sanitation are maintained in food handling, food storage and food service.
StepStones For Youth Summer Camp
Our overnight summer camp is on the shores of Georgian Bay in Northern Ontario. It is offered to girls aged 6-14 who could otherwise not afford it, are struggling with their self-esteem, or have a history of abuse. Through therapeutic recreational activities and games, as well as life skill lessons, campers are given the opportunity to improve their self-esteem, conflict resolution skills, peer interactions, and learn about ways to make safe, positive choices. Youth who have few social connections are given a chance to experience a caring group and make life-long friendships, improve their leadership skills, and work on their self-esteem.
Girls enjoy the typical camp experience and develop their skills in swimming, canoeing, sports, crafts, yoga, literacy, photography, robotics, drama, dance, environmental awareness, and social justice programming.
Our program ensures a minimum 3 to 1 camper to staff ratio. We retain professional teaching staff with special education training, in addition to a social worker on site. All staff participate in on-going training.
Because of the small-group programming, the girls are experience a close-knit and welcoming atmosphere. Our team works diligently to boost confidence, self-awareness, conflict resolution skills, self-efficacy and increase positive peer interactions.
Kitchen staff are responsible for meal preparation and food safety at camp. Positions in the kitchen range from lead cook to support staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Participating in staff orientation and training; working with the kitchen staff team; ordering, receiving and storing food and supplies; preparing meals and snacks according to planned menus; cleaning and preparing food service areas for use; help closing the camp kitchen at the end of the camp season; following all rules of health and safety regulations; participating in camp-wide activities where appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience as a cook or assistant cook; training and experience in cooking for large groups; ability to work well with others at camp; knowledge of food safety and kitchen procedures.
Camp Big Canoe
Create a memorable summer in Muskoka at Camp Big Canoe!
This is not your average kitchen job: Camp Big Canoe is seeking someone who can inspire others, who can contribute to our excellent camp programming, who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, who is hard working with great self-discipline, and who will do what needs to be done. At Camp Big Canoe we work hard and play hard: once your duties are complete in the kitchen, you have the opportunity to participate in camp activities and take advantage of your beautiful and natural surroundings.
As our Assistant Cook, you are responsible for:
- working with our Head Chef in taking a lead role to maintain an efficient, safe and clean working environment with excellent food
- training, leading and nurturing our kitchen crew and rolemodeling excellent kitchen etiquette for them
- running the kitchen when our Head Chef is away
- lending your strengths and passions to our camp programs
Why work at Camp Big Canoe? We have a relatively small camp where you can meet every single camper that comes up the camp road and be a part of a tightly knit, motivated and positive staff family.
Camp Big Canoe is an overnight camp for boys and girls aged 6-16. Located on 240 acres surrounding our own private Hart Lake in the beautiful Muskoka district of Ontario, Canada, our campers are given every opportunity to experience the challenge and rewards of outdoor living and to appreciate their natural environment.
If you are interested in applying, we want to hear from you! Visit our Employment Opportunities page on our website at http://www.campbigcanoe.ca/contact/employment-opportunities/ for instructions on how to apply.
Kinark Outdoor Centre
Kinark Child and Family Services is a leading child and youth service organization in Ontario which provides a wide range of evidence-based services that include individual, family and group counselling for children and youth with complex needs and their families. Kinark’s three program streams include: Community-Based Child and Youth Mental Health, Autism and Forensic Mental Health/Youth Justice.
Want to help children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
Kinark: Helping children and youth with complex needs achieve better life outcomes.
We currently have an opportunity for:
Kitchen Staff – Cook
Temporary, FT – 30-40hours/week (June to October 2019)
Kinark Outdoor Centre
Hourly Pay: $14/hr
Availability on weekends is a must
The Kinark Outdoor Centre is located west of Carnarvon on Queens Line, just off of Hwy 118.
The Kitchen Staff will report to the Food Service Coordinator, and is responsible to provide healthy meals to clients, clean and maintain kitchen and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cooking/serving food for visitors to site. Includes preparing special needs diets for allergies and food restrictions
- Cleaning and maintain kitchen and equipment as needed
- Cleaning dishes and tables after each meal
- Minimum 16 years of age;
- Ability to work with a team and take initiative is essential
- Previous experience working in a food service setting preferred
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.
Interested applicants should submit their résumés via: https://kinark.talcura.com/Candidates/ShowJob.aspx?JobId=3725
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.