We are looking for people who want to have an incredible time this summer while making a BIG difference in the lives of underprivileged kids. At Camp McGovern we serve about 75 kids each week - all of whom are referred to us through Children’s Aid, United Way Agencies or Big Brothers Big Sisters. We have 120 acres, between Hanover and Durham, on the beautiful Saugeen River.
We are looking for a head cook and kitchen team members to join our fabulous team. If you love cooking, enjoy working with children and have a great attitude, this position might be for you! Applicants must be 18 years of age, hold an up-to-date Standard First Aid + CPR. Additionally, you must be reliable, value integrity, understand the power of patience, and be able to balance the excitement of camp with reliably serving healthy food at a timely manner.
The positions include:
- -creating menus (usually we do 2 rotating weekly menus)
- -food prep and serving (typically family style)
- -keeping the kitchen and food storage areas neat and clean
- -maintaining hygiene and health standards
- -supervising and supporting campers who like to help in the kitchen
- -provide guidance and mentoring to LEADership campers who are shadowing
- -preparing vegetarian and gluten-sensitive options
- -an opportunity to get creative with meals, snacks, and desserts
The best staff:
- -are enthusiastic about safety
- -are great at listening to staff and campers who need an ear
- -put boundaries in place and maintain professionalism with campers
- -provide comfort and support when someone needs it
- -are creative and resourceful with campers who need more attention
- -prioritize and communicate well, asking for help when needed
- -respect the budget set out by management
The summer contract begins on June 17 and completes on August 26. Room and board provided. For successful staff members, we are happy to provide references and letters for employment and education.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Rideau Hill Camp
Rideau hill Camp is a traditional children's residential summer camp based on Christian beliefs.
Canoeing, Rec & Nature, Arts, Swimming in the crystal clear pool, vespers, discovery, wide games and boundless FUN!
This is a fast pace, high energy position requiring quick sound actions. It is a position in which you would have the opportunity to expand your personal and professional well-being.
Apply to enrich your life and the lives of our youth.
Camp Cook - 1 position (seasonal June 24 - August 24, 2019) $5600-$6100
To manage food for a children's residential camp. Minimum age 20, cooking experience, menu planning, budgeting and ordering, food preparation and service, guide and instruct one to two assistants, thorough knowledge of and maintain proper health standards. Assist with campers as needed. CPR, Standard First aid and WHMIS certification required. Police check including vulnerable sector must be shown upon hire.
- Participate in all aspects of pre-camp training and leadership orientation
- Supervise Cook’s Helpers:
- assigning tasks
- arranging daily breaks
- rotating responsibilities
- maintaining good relationships
- guiding and teaching
- reporting to Camp Director
- Responsible for food preparation, cooking, serving and assist in cleanup when necessary
- Determine whether leftovers should be stored or disposed of according to Health Standards
- Works with Camp Director, Administrative Assistant or management committee in the preparation, updating and revision of menus as required
- Ensures that special menus are prepared for those with specific nutritional needs
- Orders, receives and stores all food and supplies; checks incoming order against invoices and maintains all invoices to submit to camp treasurer/accountant
- Keeps a record of all purchases and a regular inventory of all food and kitchen supplies
- Seeks to stay within budgetary limits without sacrificing quality or quantity to economy; does cost accounting for meals
- Enforces health and safety regulations to meet Ministry of Health Standards: cleanliness of kitchen (cleaning utensils, counter tops, stove, exhaust hood, dishwasher, sweeping all floors after each meal; mopping floors daily, removal of garbage and waste to the approved storage areas daily; weekly cleaning of refrigerator, freezers, ovens, cabinets, shelves, fans, mixers, etc.; food and cooking equipment properly stored to avoid contact with insects or rodents
- Adhere to and enforce: cleanliness of personnel; regular washing of hands; clean, neat clothing and personal appearance; hair appropriately covered; closed toe and heal shoes, and any other standard as set out by the Camp Council and Ministries of Health and Safety.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with Program Staff in planning for cook-outs, special snacks and off-site trips.
- Will be on site for all meal service.
- Will remain, supervising and assisting until entire kitchen/building is properly cleaned and prepared for the next day of use.
- Will properly maintain personal onsite accommodations
- Will act in a Christian manner at all times using language and decorum suitable for a Children’s camp.
- Participates in evaluation sessions of Kitchen Staff as scheduled.
- Participates in all other facets of camp life as time and schedule permits.
- must include "Cook" application form found at "Jobs" at www.rideauhillcamp.com
- follow application procedure found on website
-must supply a clean police check with vulnerable sector upon hire
- Apply before March 22/19
<< BACK 12