Bonnenfant Y Outdoor Education and Leadership Centre
YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region
POSITION: Facility and Maintenance Staff
LOCATION: YMCA-YWCA Bonnenfant Y Outdoor Education and Leadership Centre - 1620 Sixth Line Road, Dunrobin, Ontario.
PLACEMENT: September, 2019 (with Full Time and Part Hours Available)
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
As one of the largest charitable community service organizations in the Ottawa Region, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region responds to critical social needs in the community and works to provide solutions. Serving more than 70,000 people across our region annually, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community. This position requires a commitment to the Y mission and core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, and respect, which form the foundation of all Y programs and services.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports directly to the Facility Superintendent and will play an active role in the day to day operations of the maintenance and cleaning at the Bonnenfant Y OUtdoor Education and Leadership Centre.
Some of the tasks of this position include:
-Operation of the heating and cooling system, including monitoring of gauges and control systems, troubleshooting, minor repairs and preventative maintenance of equipment
-Advise management of area in need of long term and or immediate attention
-Provide hands on services in the area of cleaning
-Ensure prescribed cleaning procedures and sequences are followed
-Ensure that proper cleaning products and tools are used according to directions
-General repairs to walls including patching, sanding & painting
-Change lights & ballasts and clean lenses, as needed
-Facility grounds maintenance including lawn cutting, snow removal, etc. (Winter months may require an early start for snow removal)
-Conduct preventative maintenance tasks on facility equipment outlined by the Branch Manager
-Basic plumbing repairs including unplugging sinks & toilets
-Basic electrical repairs including repairs to receptacles, light switches and ballasts
-Operates hand tools such as saws, drills, etc.
-Follows safe work practices and wears appropriate personal protective equipment (fall assist would be an asset)
-Completes work orders as assigned
-COMMITMENT TO Y VISION AND VALUES: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of an appreciation for the mission, vision, values and strategic outcomes of the YMCA-YWCA.
-CONCERN FOR HEALTH & SAFETY: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
-QUALITY FOCUS: Ensures that success criteria for self are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service delivery.
-CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION: Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results. Challenge the status quo to discover more effective ways of performing.
-TEAMWORK: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve optimal collective results.
-LEADERSHIP: Motivates and inspires others to take action and achieve desired outcomes.
-Knowledge of basic facility maintenance functions such as painting, plumbing, electrical and general repairs
-Experience in landscaping duties: lawn care, wood chipping, raking, etc
-Experience dealing with cliental in a positive and professional manner
-Ability to work in a fast pace environment
-ability to provide flexibility in scheduling based on the camp’s needs
-Ability to work in English, some French would be an asset
-Criminal Reference Check for the Vulnerable Sector, not more than 6 months old is required
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume must be submitted no later than the closing date to the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, to hiring manager Vanessa Spratt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the position title as the subject line in your application e-mail.
All internal applicants must inform their supervisor of their intention to apply for the position.
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please advise in advance if you require any accommodation during the application or selection process. We believe all people have the right to live free from discrimination or harassment of any kind. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
The YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Candidates will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
We Build Strong Kids... Strong Families... Strong Communities
Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Camp Fircom is a beautiful summer camp and retreat centre on rural, Gambier Island in the Howe Sound. Camp Fircom has been serving campers and guests from the Lower Mainland for 96 years.
We are looking for a new Facilities and Maintenance Manager to join our team! This role will work and live at our camp five days per week. If desired they can live year-round at camp for free. Fircom is a 20-minute water taxi ride from Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver.
Camp Fircom is busy of seven months with groups and camps (Apr to Oct) and then has a five-month quiet season. The right candidate will enjoy self-directed projects in the winter months while also enjoy the bustling times of the summer months.
If you are interested in sustainability, woodworking, farming, this could be your dream job. Camp Fircom is an off-grid facility running its own artisanal well, solar renewable energy system, and organic farm and orchard and has a lovely big, new shop. This role is responsible for leading the maintenance of Camp Fircom’s 120-acre property of 19 buildings, off grid electrical, water, septic, fire and safety systems. The FMM will coordinate and participate in preventative maintenance routines for all buildings, systems, grounds and equipment. They are responsible for the maintenance of buildings of varying ages: most are under 10 years old but there are a few older cabins. The FMM will set-up and execute maintenance programs for equipment like mowers, chainsaws, trucks, golf carts, etc. They will monitor the ground water, waste water and electrical system.
The ideal candidate would have high mechanical proficiency and a love of problem-solving. This role is not customer-focused, but it’s a small camp and all staff are approached by guests. If you are a self-starter, have a good foundation in facilities management, love the outdoors, and have a passion for working in the non-profit sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Why join our Team?
- Fun-loving culture. It’s a summer camp!
- Flexible work environment, Ex. Taking extra unpaid vacation to do long trips
- Outdoor Activities: hiking trails at your door step, canoeing, kayaking, SUP, archery
- Free delicious meals, snacks, and desserts included for the seven months with groups on site
- Access to a full shop to do woodworking projects in off-time
- Private stand-alone cabin to live in– no rent!
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all maintenance and repair. This includes, but is not limited to – small plumbing repairs, heater repairs, kitchen appliance maintenance and repairs, roof maintenance and leak repairs, small construction and construction maintenance.
- Monitoring the infrastructure and equipment: oil changes, outflow levels, electrical system, fuels levels, potable & waste water systems, equipment and machines, building systems,
- Landscaping: seeding in the spring, mowing in the summer, hiring arborists in the fall
- Inspecting program areas for safety hazards and set-up for season opening
- Waste & Recycling systems: coordinates disposal of garbage weekly, and semi-annual barging off of hard plastic, glass, and metal waste.
- Maintain and ensure the physical safety of the camp property to all legislative and applicable accreditation standards: Work Safe, Provincial Laws, BCCA and UCC camping accreditation
- Hire and supervising contractors as needed
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the site is meeting requirements and expectations
- Plan season opening and closing tasks, using volunteer labour wherever possible
- Lead in the overall look and feel of the camp environment, in consultation with all other staff
- Provide leadership and information to the Executive Director on the facilities and grounds needs
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising the Maintenance Coordinator
- Train and supervise long-term site volunteers during the winter
- Manages the repair & maintenance, fire & safety, and permit budgets
- Maintenance Management (1 Year Preferred)
- Physically fit – must be able to life, carry, push, pull up to 50 lbs
- Clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
•- Driver’s License
Training Provided to Successful Candidate
- Small Waste Water Operator Permit
- Occupational First Aid Level 3
- Small Vessel Operator Permit
- Manage IT systems such as site computers and satellite internet
Salary & Benefits
$48 to $53K Depending on Experience.
Four week’s vacation
Health & Dental Plan
Send an email with a statement of interest and resume to Margo Dunnet, Executive Director, at email@example.com Position will remain open until filled.
Camp Davern is looking for a motivated individual to join the Summer 2019 team. Currently seeking a lead maintenance staff member, with experience in landscaping, general repair and building maintenance a strong asset.
Contract Dates: Immediately - September 2019
- General site repair
- Grass cutting and brush trimming
- Assist with garbage/waste removal
- General maintenance as directed by the Camp Director
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Experience using chainsaws, lawn mowers and weed trimmers
- Experience operating an ATV and trailer
- Requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift 25kg+
- Woodworking skills an asset
- Experience with water systems an asset
- G license an asset
Camp Davern is a summer residential summer camp and outdoor education centre for boys and girls ages 6-16. It is located on Lake Davern in Maberly, Ontario. Davern, established in 1946, initially a summer camp for girls, operates a co-ed summer camp targeted at families in the Kingston, Bellville, Ottawa and east of the GTA.
Diverse in our program offerings, Davern is proud of our strong commitment to provide a fun learning experience for young people with a special emphasis on inclusion of cooperation and traditional camping values.
To submit a resume or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf
C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf, located in Rockwood, Ontario, is looking for a hard working individual to join our team for the spring and summer seasons.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the primary role of the Maintenance Assistant is to provide support to the Maintenance team in the general upkeep of C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf.
- Daily cleaning of washrooms, eating areas and other C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf spaces. (Summer specific).
- Stocking cleaning products as required and ensuring items are stored in a safe manner.
- Emptying garbage and recycling around property.
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager with upkeep of the buildings and property, including minor repairs, trail work and cutting of grass.
- General labour support around camp including stacking wood, moving supplies and painting.
- Assisting with directing parking on drop off and pick up days for campers. (Summer specific).
- Assist in other areas around camp property as per experience and training.
- Ensure all work is done in a safe manner in accordance with training and Health and Safety Policies.
- Exude a timely, professional and quality appearance to all C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf clients.
- Maintain a positive and professional, team-oriented work environment with all fellow staff.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR.
- A clear vulnerable sector Criminal Reference Check.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Possession of certifications in the operation of chainsaws or other machinery.
- Possession of certification in Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems.
- Previous experience or training in the operation of small or large machinery including riding lawn mowers, tractors or wood chippers.
All staff need to be at least turning 18 years of age before December 31, 2019 to apply. The contract is currently being offered for June 3 to August 23rd, 2019.
Onsite accommodations are available for this position as well as the possibility of contract extension into the fall (September to November) season.
We invite all qualified applicants to submit their resume and cover letter to the attention of Jason Gould, Managing Director.
For more information about our camp please visit www.campbrebeuf.ca
C.Y.O. Camp Brébeuf is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please contact our camp office for assistance if required.
Job Type: Contract
Camp Big Canoe
Create a memorable summer in Muskoka at Camp Big Canoe!
This is not your average maintenance job: Camp Big Canoe is seeking someone who can inspire others, who can contribute to our excellent camp programming, who is not afraid to get their hands dirty, who is hard working with great self-discipline, and who will do what needs to be done.
As our Maintenance Assistant, you are responsible for:
- working closely with our Head Maintenance in camp repairs, maintenance, and property projects
- lending your strengths and passions to our camp programs
Why work at Camp Big Canoe? We have a relatively small camp where you can meet every single camper that comes up the camp road and be a part of a tightly knit, motivated and positive staff family.
Camp Big Canoe is an overnight camp for boys and girls aged 6-16. Located on 240 acres surrounding our own private Hart Lake in the beautiful Muskoka district of Ontario, Canada, our campers are given every opportunity to experience the challenge and rewards of outdoor living and to appreciate their natural environment.
If you are interested in applying, we want to hear from you! Visit our Employment Opportunities page on our website at http://www.campbigcanoe.ca/contact/employment-opportunities/ for instructions on how to apply.
Moorelands Camp…. because every kid deserves a childhood.
Tucked away on 45 acres of sandy beaches and dense forests, accessible only by boat is Moorelands Camp. Each summer we serve 600 economically disadvantaged children and youth from Toronto. It is our desire to see each child enjoy nature, gain social skills and experience personal growth; we do that through our intentional programs.
Working at Moorelands is demanding, challenging and rewarding! Our staff are positive, enthusiastic team players who put the needs of others before their own. They are ready for the challenge of being a strong influence, a consistent role model, and mentor to the youth that come to Moorelands. Staff are 18 years of age or older.
Camp sessions are week long; staff enjoys 1 +½ days off in-between sessions, transportation to Toronto is provided for days off. As we are an overnight camp, staff are expected to stay onsite (room and board provided) throughout the week.
Service Team - The Service Team supports the camp programs with a variety of services including: boat and vehicle driving, grounds keeping, managing food orders, garbage removal and security. They oversee washroom/shower maintenance and other regular daily operation routines.
APPLY ONLINE - For application, job descriptions, camp dates & location please visit our web site: http://www.moorelands.ca/camp-jobs/
We are currently seeking a camp property Cleaner to bring out the extraordinary in our Camp Woolsey property.
We provide hundreds of camping experiences throughout the year at Camp Woolsey. We take pride in offering safe and clean facilities so that our leaders and girls can focus on learning and having fun. If you have experience cleaning commercial spaces and take pride in doing a great job, we would love to have you join our property team.
For more information and how to apply, check out our website: http://www.girlguides.ca/WEB/ON/Links/ON/Employment/Employment.aspx
Doe Lake Girl Guide Camp
We are currently seeking a camp property Cleaner to bring out the extraordinary in our Doe Lake Girl Guide Camp property.
We provide hundreds of camping experiences throughout the year at Doe Lake. We take pride in offering safe and clean facilities so that our leaders and girls can focus on learning and having fun. If you have experience cleaning commercial spaces and take pride in doing a great job, we would love to have you join our property team.
For more information and how to apply, check out our website: http://www.girlguides.ca/WEB/ON/Links/ON/Employment/Employment.aspx