YMCA Camp Pine Crest
FACILITIES TEAM MEMBER
$200-616 per week based on experience
Dates: June 22- September 4
Why work for the Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work places through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA works to build strong kids, families and communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, and growth opportunities.
Nature and Scope:
YMCA Camp Pine Crest is located in Muskoka, Ontario. It is a year round operating facility with a large traditional summer camp, growing winter programs and busy spring and fall Outdoor Centre. The Facilities Team Members play a very important role in keeping our site safe, and clean. They will take on daily cleaning tasks, ensuring appropriate sanitation and disposal. They also will support minor construction projects and help maintain the quality of our site. Accomodations are provided on site.
- Independent work to maintain overall cleanliness of Pine Crest site. This includes daily cleaning of washrooms and dining halls, small maintenance jobs around site and repair of cabins and buildings.
- Skilled trades work to complete larger carpentry projects on the site. This may include the construction of buildings, docks or various other structures
- Minor plumbing and electrical work as needed
- Ability to identify and assess risk to ensure overall safety of campers and staff. Facilities members are expected to identify and find appropriate solutions to physical risks
- Understands the importance of the volunteer staff partnership and integrates the value of philanthropy and volunteerism in dealing with participants, volunteers, and staff
-Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Ability to work effectively with others and independently to achieve optimal collective results
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills to establish rapport with other team members, staff and volunteers
Job offers are contigent on the successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Act as a positive role model for campers, volunteers and fellow staff. They will embody the values of the YMCA
Camp Maple Leaf
Camp Maple Leaf is a not-for-profit, sleepover camp for children of Canadian Military Families and children living with unique challenges. We are located on a 104 acre Private Island in the Kawartha Lakes, Ontario. (20 minutes drive from Peterborough).
Our camper sessions include children who:
. Are grieving a loss of a parent or sibling
. Are from a military family
. Are under-resourced
. Are from 1st responder &/or military families that have an Operational Stress Injury
. Have a facial difference
. Have dwarfism
. Have Tourette syndrome
. Have Down Syndrome
We rely on each partner groups' expertise and training when it comes to the specific unique needs of their campers. We are "specialists" in being flexible and adaptable on a week - by - week basis, welcoming each group as our own.
Standard First Aid and CPR C
Valid G Driver’s License is an asset but not required
Positive attitude and willingness to grow personally as a leader
Works well in a team
Can manage landscaping, lawn mowing and light maintenance projects
Contract dates: (Spring/Summer May 19th-August 30th Contracts available)
If you are interested please contact April Young (Camper Director) at (647) 966-1239 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks we look forward to hearing from you!
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for helping to conduct the daily/weekly maintenance routines which help keep Camp Kintail safe, clean and operational. They work with the Executive Director and Site Manager to ensure the preservation and development of the Camp Kintail site. Duties include, but are not limited to lawn care, general repairs, work projects, sanitation, and dishwashing.
- Work with the Site Manager in supervision of daily cleaning duties, ensuring that proper and adequate supplies are provided to cabins.
- Help to keep all staff areas safe and clean.
- Assist in unloading all trucks and supplies.
- Assist with dishwashing on a daily basis, ensuring that dishes are done in an organized and efficient manner.
- Ensure that lodge/kitchen garbage and compost are emptied after lunch and dinner, and that lodge/kitchen recycling is cleared at the end of the day.
- Assist Volunteers of Kintail (VOK) with weekly work projects.
- Assist program staff in camp programming, closing chapel, camp wide FLASH opening/closing days, and other duties, as time permits.
- Attend all staff meetings and daily staff FLASH immediately after supper dishes are completed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director with generosity and team spirit.
- Experience working with children.
- A willingness to work in a team environment.
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C”.
- A personal living faith.
- Knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, lawn maintenance, or landscaping is an asset.
Start date: April 24th, 2020
End date: August 28th, 2020
Wages: Wages are negotatiable. Payment is determined by number of days worked, and typically ranges between $35-$65/day. Included are on-site accomodations, delicious meals, laundry facilities, and WiFi (valued at $80/day).
Hours: Hours for May & June tend to be 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, with the option to work a sixth day (Saturday or Sunday). July & August work week is normally Sunday at 1:00 pm until Saturday at 12:00 am. There is some flexibility with work hours to be discussed during the interview.
*Note: During your employment at Camp Kintail, you will be expected to live on site in provided staff housing.
Apply using the following link: